The Embassy Consular Service team provide outreach visits to Chiang Mai – next visit – 5 October 2018.
They will endeavor to undertake outreach visits about every 7 weeks. Please note that these planned dates are “subject to change and are dependent on available resources”.
Le Méridien Chiang Mai
108 Chang Klan Road
Tambol Chang Klan, Amphur Muang
Chiang Mai 50100 Thailand
T +66 (0)53 253 666
The outreach will take place between 9.00am to 12.00pm and 1.00pm to 3.00pm. These are future planned dates:
5 October 2018
23 November 2018
- Dates for 2019 will be posted later this year.
Please monitor this website for any changes to the planned and for future dates.
Client Services –
During the outreach visits, we will provide the following services:
* Passport applications – Please ensure you bring the completed Renewal Passport Application form (PC7) or Overseas Passport Application form (PC8) depending on you needs, which can be downloaded from the website, (www.passports.gov.au) and all supporting documents (original and copies) before coming to an outreach visit.
* Notarial services
– Statutory declarations for marriage, retirement visas, and witnessing for driving license renewals
– Witnessing documents
– Certified true copies of documents (please ensure you bring the original and a photocopy of each document with you)
Note: If you are signing a Statutory Declaration in support of a retirement or other visa, you are not required to provide proof of income. However, it is an offense to intentionally make a false statement in a statutory declaration.
Please be aware:
– the consulate team cannot advise you what is required to be written on your income statutory declarations for visa extensions – please confirm wording requirements with relevant Thai Immigration or visa agents.
– to obtain true copies of documents you must supply an original document and a photocopy of a document.
Before requesting a notarial service during the Outreach Program, please make sure you know exactly what service you require. You should confirm this with the organisation that requires your documents. We are not able to provide advice on which notarial service you need.
* Fee Payment – Credit or debit card payment is preferred.
Further Information –
Please contact the Consular section on 02 344 6300 or email – firstname.lastname@example.org – prior to your visit if you require further details and/or to confirm fees payable.
There has been an increase in notarial fees from 1 January 2017. Notarial fees are legislated according to the Consular Fees Act 1955 and consular staff has no discretion in applying these fees.
Please note that the Embassy is unable to confirm the length of validity of signed Statutory Declarations as this is a matter for Thai authorities. We advise you to contact the Thai Department of Consular Affairs for further advice on Statutory Declarations or Thai Immigration about their policy on validity or requirements.
Australian Consulate Chiang Mai website: https://tranquilinthailand.com
Australian Foundation – Baked Items
Recently an Australian Foundation has been coming along to our Outreach program and they offer a variety of yummy baked goods – real treats are the Lamingtons, Anzac biscuits, cinnamon buns and other cookies and cakes. You are most welcome to support the young ladies by purchasing some baked goods.