The Consulate will be closed5 to 20 May – for vacation period.

The Consulate supports the Australian Embassy Bangkok in the Northern Thailand consular district. The Australian Consulate in Chiang Mai is operated by an Honorary Consul. The website offers information about Australian consular services & other matters.

Generally, this involves providing consular information & some assistance, (such as taking passport applications – Note: we can not provide notarial services). It also involves promoting and strengthening the Australian-Thailand bilateral relationships, undertaking public diplomacy, and participating in the Consular Corps of Northern Thailand.

Consulate Contact

Closed – 5 to 20 May

When open, hours: – Monday to Thursday – 9:00 am to 12:00 noon Visit by appointment Only

Closed – Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays (or as advertised)

For Information & before visiting, contact the Consulate – during operating hours – Phone: 091 857 6996 – or – email: info@australianconsulatechiangmai.com – or – ausconcm@gmail.com

Out Of Hours Consular Assistance

When the Consulate is closed contact the Bangkok Embassy on 02 344 6300 or email – consular.bangkok@dfat.gov.au – (for a business hours response). If it is after Embassy hours, select option 1 to be transferred to the Consular Emergency Centre in Australia.

If your call is not transferred, you can contact the DFAT Emergency Center on +61 2 6261 3305 (call charges apply).

If you are in Australia and want to make contact with the Consulate in Chiang Mai, it is recommended you contact the DFAT Consular Emergency Center in the first instance to discuss your needs: 1 300 555 135 (within Australia Only)

COVID-19 Information

Monitor the Australian Embassy Bangkok website & social media for information updates:

Australian Embassy Bangkok website – (general information & travel to Australia)

Australia in Thailand Facebook page – (information updates) – Embassy Twitter

The following is an extract from the Australian Embassy Bangkok website:

COVID-19 updates and returning to Australia

Thailand Visa Extension for Foreigners

The Consulate in Chaing Mai can not provide Thai visa information, advice, or assistance to extend your visa.  For more information about your situation please contact the Immigration Bureau’s call center at 1178 or your local Immigration Office. 

Passport & Consular Service – Limitations in Chiang Mai

For general information see this Australian Embassy consular service web page

Passports – New and renewal passport applications can be lodged in person with an appointment at the Consulate in Chiang Mai, (only on nominated days). -.  Clickthe Bangkok Embassy passport webpage for passport information. Please email or phone the consulate for application information and to discuss appointment dates – ausconcm@gmail.com

Notarial Services – The Consulate in Chiang Mai is not authorised to provide notarial services (statutory declarations, witness signatures, residence certificates or certify true copies) in accordance with the Consular Fees Act & DFAT policy. It can offer referral information. Some notarial services are available by mail with Embassy in Bangkok. see this Embassy webpage

Australian Visa or Citizenship by Decent -The Consulate is not able to assist with Australian visa and citizenship applications and related matters. Information and visa application are managed by the Department of Homeland Affairs (Immigration). Applications can be made online or through the Australian Visa Application Center – with an office in Chiang Mai. You can obtain further information on this website.

Register marriage in Thailand -The Consulate is not able to assist with paperwork requirements but can provide information. Please see the information on this website.

Thailand Visa’s & extensions – The Consulate can not offer advice, information or assistance on obtaining, extending or facilitating visas for Thailand. If you are in Thailand contact Thai Immigration. There are also many Thai Visa Agents in Chiang Mai who can assist with visa matters – these can be found through internet searches. If you are in Australia you need to contact the Thai Embassy, Canberra or a Thai Consulate closest to you for information.

Assisting Australians Overseas – Consular Service Charter

This Charter outlines the consular services and assistance that are provided to Australian citizens by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. There will be circumstances in which our ability to provide consular support may be limited.

Click this link – the Consular Service Charter.

Australian Smartraveller – stay smart- be informed and prepared when travelling overseas – Click this website and consider a Smartraveller account. Stay up to date – Stay notified

Be the first to know official government advice when traveling. Stay in contact with your family & friends when traveling & assist in the event of an emergency.

1 thought on “Welcome

  1. 📍Possibility to switch from the first SV to AZ📍

    With the policy of SV1+ AZ2 – it is very difficult and put many people off the vaccination program.

    It is strange some other area still vaccinate people over 60 with AZ/AZ ( my biological father just called me he got this first AZ- in Sisaket province) many of people in BKK also still can get AZ1 but not in Chiangmai!

    I have tried to figure out the way around this and been seeking information.

    Yesterday- I was informed by the Chiangmai public health authorities that expats might be able to get first shot with AZ if they have an official letter from their consulate/ Embassy stating the type of vaccination accepted by their home country.

    So here what I would advise :

    Please contact your embassy/consulate to have such a letter (simply) stating the country only accept
    PZ/MDN/AZ/JJ – Sinovac is not accepted as part of your country vaccination program.

    When you have your appointment- show the letter to the Vac unit officer – and inform them there is a policy to provide AZ1 to expats whose country does not accept SV.

    They can do it- and the only thing they need to do is to report back to Nakornping hospital they use AZ on the exception criteria.

    I can not promise you that it would always work, it depends on the officer you deal with- as they would need to write a report about it so they may brush it off but I can tell you that it can be done.

    For those who have appt number from WallofCM- they will only start the vaccination in August once they finished Morprom Q.

    So you have plenty of time to prepare your letter.

    N Morgan, MD

    HCMC we care


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close